Storia della Cucina Italiana Ristoranti The Maremma A Marshy Zone

Tuscany Tuscany

The Maremma

A Marshy Zone


The first works of reclamation were undertaken in the XI century by the Benedictine monks of the monti dell’Uccellina at the time in which Grosseto became feudal land under the Aldobrandeschi. But this marshy zone remained depopulated until the XIV and XV centuries when the city was incorporated in the dominion of Siena: there were attempts at populating it that did not bring grand results because it was not possible to overcome the extreme poverty in which the population was forced to live eating bread and vegetables, afflicted by pellagra and malaria. It is necessary to arrive at the middle of the 1500’s for an improvement to be seen to these conditions under the government of the Medici who began reclamation works with the opening of new ditches and canals for the draining of the water.

Hotel St Michael - Livigno
Pensione Tranchina - Scopello
Hotel La Nuova Montanina Auronzo di Cadore Dolomiti
Hotel Tirreno Roma
Hotel Bagni Lavina Bianca Tires Dolomiti

 

www.welcometocorsica.com
Livigno Hotel Residence