- Restaurants - Typical Products -
Martinsicuro is a nice town based on tourism and fishing; it's a famous touristic resort thanks to it's modern structures and to its beautiful sand beach. The town has ancient origins, as recent excavations show: a protozoic village (1000-800 a.C) was infact discovered in its territory, and there are remains of the roman Truentum Castrum Truentinum (founded by the Liburni). The town was sacked both by the Gothic and by the Longobard people. Dishabitated during the Middle Ages, only at the beginning of 1800 it began to be populated again.
What to see: Carlo V Tower, built in 1547 and recently restructured, it was used as a custom-office and a means of defence against the saracenes' attacks. The tower is a great building in bricks with a square plant; once it was merloned, but nowadays there's a roof. The buiding has several windows, some of them have elegant stone cornices. Sacro Cuore Church, inside it there's a fine apse painting dating back to 1882-1949, by Giuseppe Parini. Franchi Fornace, it's a kiln built at the beginning of 1900, used to make brick. It witnesses the industrial archeology in Abruzzo.
Villa Rosa di Martinsicuro
Martinsicuro accommodation in Hotel Farm House Farm Holiday Bed&Breakfast Camping Holiday Home Rooms for rent Residence Tourist Village Camp site.
Martinsicuro holiday in Hotel