- Restaurants - Typical Products - Services -
Cathedral: Founded in XIII century it was modified in 1615 and again
Battistero (XIV century) constructed the mausoleum dedicated to Giovanni
Cossa, a XIV century wooden statue and paintings by '700 artists Giacinto
Diano and Forian Di Spigna.
Church of Spirito Santo: Paintings by 1700 artists Bonito, DeMatteis,
DiSpigna, plaque from XVI century school of Marco Pino; painting from the
school of Fabrizio DiSanatafede (XV century) in the vestry.
Aragonese Castle: Castle built on an isle, can be visited daily: lift
Church of Portosalvo (safe port): Built following the transformation of
the lake into a port in 1854-56 altars built by DeAngelis and Santoro.
Eden Garden: Splendid thermal park in the fabulous Bay of
Wine cellar and parfume laboratory: Visit the centuries old wine cellar
of the oldest established wine merchant on the island, with its modern perfume
laboratory on the Right Bank at Ischia Port.
Marine Museum: Palazzo dell'Orologio - Ischia Ponte. Seven rooms
divided between 3 floors showing photographs of nautical life, postcards
datung from 1880 to 1960, naval and fishing tackle, votive offerings, sea-
shells, antique anchors, amphorae etc recovered from the waters surrounding
the island, pountings, madels of ships and boats, a section dedicated to the
underwater world. Open to visitors: April, May, June, Sept., Oct. 10.00 am-
12.30 pm. - 5.00 pm-8.00 pm; July, August 6.30 pm-10.00 pm; Feb., March,
Nov., Dec. 6.00 pm-7.30 pm.
Museum of Arms and instrument of torture and capital punishment:
In the old
guard house of the Aragonese Castle, built in 1441 by Alfonso d'Aragona, a
collection of medioeval arms, instruments of torture and capital punishment of
the 19th century - dately from 1300 to 1850.