- Restaurants - Services -
A small but lively town which receives a lot of visitors from nearby Tuscany, Acquapendente is the main agricultural market town in the Viterbo area and produces a large amount of garden fruit, vegetables, legumes and wine. It also has artisan shops and a pottery industry. At the entrance gate of the town walls stands a mediaeval tower known as Julia de Jacopo. Opposite stands the Santo Sepolcro Cathedral consecrated in 1149 by Bishop Aldobrandino of Orvieto. Another important landmark is the Church of St Francis, formerly dedicated to St Mary. This church, originally gothic passed from the Benedictine order to the Conventuals in 1255. Between 1506 and 1534 a belfry designed by Raffaele da Prato was erected. The belfry now contains three bells, the largest of which was forged by Giovanni da Ferentino in 1472. The town has a number of other monuments of which the bridge over the River Paglia deserves special mention. Built in 1580 for Pope Gregory XIII and designed by the architect Fontana, the bridge was named after the Pope and became the Gregorian Bridge.
Festa dei Pugnaloni
La Via Francigena
Acquapendente accommodation in Hotel Farm House Farm Holiday Bed&Breakfast Camping Holiday Home Rooms for rent Residence Tourist Village Camp site.
Acquapendente holiday in Hotel
Hotels Natural Reserve of Monte Rufeno