- Restaurants - Typical Products - Services -
The history of this castle sees the dominion between some of the greatest Italian families: from Carpegna to Buonconte of Montefeltro that in the XII century constructed the Rocca. In 1358, after various passages of conquistors, Cardinal Albornoz reorganised the entire land of the Holy See, and gave the Rocca as headquarters to the Feretrano Commission, the judge of the ancient tribunal of Montefeltro. The Rocca has been added onto many times over the centuries: some of these works in 1478 were entrusted to the celebrated architect of Siena, Francesco of Giorgio Martini by Federico of Montefeltro.
The Begni Palace is interesting for its beautiful Renaissance effect, with a place in front of the Rocca, Monte Cerignone merits an indepth visit not only for its interesting and complete urban plan, but also for the monuments and the works of art that it possesses. The church of Saint Catherine, for example, was erected in the XVII century by the wishes of the knights of the Order of Malta, while in that of Saint Mary of Assistance there is a beautiful exhibition of a Madonna enthroned and two canvases attributed to Vivarini. By the same artist there is also a guarded "Ecce Homo" in the church of Saint Baigio, Patron Saint of the town and protector of the throat (celebrated on the 3rd February). At the centre of Monte Cerignone you will find the Clementina Square that records the birth of Pope Clement XIV.
Monte Cerignone accommodation in Hotel Farm House Farm Holiday Bed&Breakfast Camping Holiday Home Rooms for rent Residence Tourist Village Camp site.
Monte Cerignone holiday in Hotel