- Restaurants - Typical Products -
Scanty are the records about the history of Carrų, a town situated at 364 m above sea level. Many archeological finds testify that Carrų was already inhabitated in remote ages, first by the Ligures-Bagienni, then by Romans. In 901 it was given to the Bishop of Asti. During the 13th century il belonged to the Marquises of Monferrato who enfeoffed it to the Marquise of Ceva. In 1328 it came under the jurisdiction of the Acaja who, later on, granted it into the Bressani. The castle (11th century), preserves a keep and the ghibelline battlement.
The building has a late Renaissance look due to the restoration work carried out at different times: during the 15th and the 17th century and again in 1820 and 1864. The interior houses fine 18th century paintings, an outstanding room in baroque style and 14th century wood envalults. The Parish Church of the Assunta (built between 1703 and 1718 and designed by F. Gallo) has a facade done in terracotta and it is flanked by a coeval bell-tower. The inside was frescoed by A. Milocco (1762).
Carrų accommodation in Hotel Farm House Farm Holiday Bed&Breakfast Camping Holiday Home Rooms for rent Residence Tourist Village Camp site.
Carrų holiday in Hotel
Hotels Langa Monregalese