- Restaurants - Typical Products - Services -
The Gallura territory occupies a wide part of North Sardinia, bordering to the south on Coghinas River, Limbara Mt. and the commune of Budoni. The name "Gallura" derives from the Latin "Galli-Rura" (land of Gaul people).
Nowadays Gallura includes the following villages: Tempio Pausania, Olbia, Calangianus, Aggius, Bortigiadas, S.Teresa, Arzachena, Luogosanto, Palau, S.Francesco d'Aglientu, La Maddalena, Trinità d'Agultu, Telti, Monti, Golfo Aranci, S.Maria Coghinas, Badesi, Viddalba, S.Antonio di Gallura, Loiri-Porto S.Paolo, S.Teodoro, Budoni, Erula, Padru.
Inhabited since the prehistoric period, the Gallura became a Kingdom (Giudicato) after the end of Byzantine rule (VI century), which hold out to the 1288. From XIV century it passed under the rule of Pisa, Genoa, Aragon and Spain until the arrival of Habsburg rule (1714). From 1720 to 1847 it was part of Savoy kingdom and Tempio Pausania became its main center. Until the 60's the area had an economy based on agriculture and cattle. Today these area is widely known for its tourist resources, deriving from the presence of Smeralda Coast, the National Park of La Maddalena, the Marine Protected Area Tavolara-Capo Coda Cavallo and the Regional Park of Limbara.
At Gallura, there is tourist accommodation available in hotels, farm holiday,
farmhouse, residence self-catering accommodation, b&b, rooms for rent, holiday
homes, camp sites and tourist villages.
Residences - Flats - Holiday Houses Arzachena
Hotels Baja Sardinia
Residences - Flats - Holiday Houses Baja Sardinia
Hotels Porto Rotondo
Residences - Flats - Holiday Houses Porto Rotondo
Hotels San Teodoro
Residences - Flats - Holiday Houses San Teodoro
Campings - Tourist Villages San Teodoro