In the dwellings of the Montagnola have
been found together with ceramic ware
of indigenous production also numerous
fragments of Mycenaean and Cyclades
ceramic ware proving commercial relations with the Aegean area between
1500 and 1300 B.C.
The dwellings of this habitation show evident testimony of being reconstructed many times. The village has probably
ceased to exist following a violent
destruction during the XII century B.C.
On the steep slopes of the Montagnola
there were between natural gorges the
burial corresponding to the habitations.
On the summit of the Montagnoli di Pecorini, that is on the Mountain
dominating the habitation of same name on the
Southern coast, there is a large mass
with a Greek inscription.