- Restaurants - Typical Products - Services -
Termini Imerese stands on a hill halfway along the Tyrrhenian coast overlooking the Gulf which shares its name. It owes its success to the presence here of springs of mineral waters with a salt, bromine and iodic content which earned it the ancient name of Thermae Himerensis – Thermae meaning "warm baths" in Latin, while the adjective Himerensis is explained by the fact that Termini Imerese was founded by Punic colonists after the destruction of Imera (409 bc).
In the oldest part of the town, spread along a promontory, it is worth visiting the Villa Palmieri, a public garden where there are Roman remains, the duomo of San Nicola, originally medieval and with a Crucified Christ painted by Ruzzolone in 1484, and the 15th-c. church of Santa Caterina, which has an interesting cycle of paintings, by Graffeo, dedicated to the life of the saint.
Termini Imerese accommodation in Hotel Farm House Farm Holiday Bed&Breakfast Camping Holiday Home Rooms for rent Residence Tourist Village Camp site.
Termini Imerese holiday in Hotel