Campobello di Mazara
- Restaurants - Typical Products - Services -
The Campobello di Mazara is an agricultural-industrial center and is well-known thanks to its production of olives and wine plantations. Campobello di Mazara was founded in 1623 by Giuseppe Napoli, who possessed it since 1630 conferring on himself the title of Duke. The Cathedral Church is consecrated to Santa Maria delle Grazie; inside it is possible to admire the valuable Crucifix by Brother Umile from Petralia, and the beautiful simulacrum of Our Immaculate Lady too. Besides it can be cited the famous Torre dell'Orologio and the very beautiful Church of S Michele.
Not far from Campobello di Mazara it is possible to visit the Cave di Cusa; it is the place from which Selinunte extracted calcareous tufa materials to build temples. Still now the various phases of the work of quarrying and of stone- dressing can be observed. Besides the Torretta Granitola is well-known; it is a fishing village, and on the rocky beach, frequented by tourists in summer, rise two ancient sight-towers.
Campobello di Mazara accommodation in Hotel Farm House Farm Holiday Bed&Breakfast Camping Holiday Home Rooms for rent Residence Tourist Village Camp site.
Campobello di Mazara holiday in Hotel