- Restaurants - Shopping - Typical Products - Services -
Scarperia is a town located in the Mugello valley, 30 km from Florence, on the road which used to connect Florence with Bologna. It was founded in 1306 by Florentine Republic, as "new landy", to resist the power of feudal lords, the Ubaldini and to make the road to the North safe. Scarperia, which at first was called Castel San Barnaba, acquired importance due to its strategic position, and in 1415, it became the Vicar's seat. The Vicar had administrative and giudicial authority over the whole of the Mugello and beyond.
The ancient town centre of Scarperia maintains its medieval structure intact, even if there has been renewed development during the last decades due to the new settlements of industries and crafts and to the changed relationship with the Florentine area. All of the landscape modelled by man's work, by the wise work of farmers, represents one of the most interesting resources of the area.
Scarperia accommodation in Hotel Farm House Farm Holiday Bed&Breakfast Camping Holiday Home Rooms for rent Residence Tourist Village Camp site.
Scarperia holiday in Hotel