- Restaurants - Typical Products - Services -
The old medieval Cascia became Reggello under Granduke Leopoldo in 1773. The territory is crossed by Setteponti road, along Pratomagno, an ancient etruscan way still existing in roman and medieval times to join Arezzo with Fiesole. Interesting churches are found in the area: Pieve di Cascia (Parish Church) is a very known roman building which has the Trittico of San Giovenale by Masaccio in the interior. Pieve di San Pietro a Pitiana dated back to the XII century, Pieve di Sant'Agata in Arfoli and the splendid Abbazia di Vallombrosa founded in 1008 by San Giovanni Gualberto and later became in 1973 Riserva Biogenetica Naturale. Reggello is known for the production of an exceptional extravirgin olive oil.
The Vallombrosa's Abbey was founded by San Giovanni Gualberto inspired from life style benedettino in which its followers live in prayer and poverty. The high bell tower remember a castle. Indoor the Abbey we can find a lot of art works of different periods. They are numerous tourists that every day go to Vallombrosa to visit this fantastic place.
Reggello accommodation in Hotel Farm House Farm Holiday Bed&Breakfast Camping Holiday Home Rooms for rent Residence Tourist Village Camp site.
Reggello holiday in Hotel
Hotels Chianti Colli Fiorentini Wine Road
Hotels Chianti Geografico
Hotels Florentine mountain
Hotels Tuscany Wine Roads