- Restaurants - Shopping - Typical Products - Services - Leisure Time -
Sinalunga, known also as Asinalonga in the Middle Ages, the town draws its origins from the mists of time, as the fictile and bronze objects found bear witness: but its is only in recent times that it assumed its present character. The Pieve di San Pietro and Mensulas originated in the early 11th century when Sinalunga belonged to the Cacciacontis, a branch of the Conti della Berardenga and Scialenga.
In the early 14th century it became part of the state of Siena and it was a seat of vicarship and of the Captainship of Justice. We can find, in different churches, beautiful works by Sodoma, Benvenuti di Giovanni, Girolamo del Pacchia, Signorelli, Guidocci Cozzarelli and Sano di Pietro. A painting by Beccafumi together with other works of art are kept in the town hall. Inside the town there still exists a jewel of 18th-century art, the "Accademia degli Smantellati" theatre, dedicated to the maestro Ciro Pinsuti (1824-1888) from Sinalunga who, for many years, exalted Italian music in London and who was the author, among other works, of the celebrated "Il libro Santo".
Sinalunga accommodation in Hotel Farm House Farm Holiday Bed&Breakfast Camping Holiday Home Rooms for rent Residence Tourist Village Camp site.
Sinalunga holiday in Hotel
Hotels Val di Chiana Senese