Hotels Vinschgau Valley
- Restaurants - Typical Products -
- Sch÷neben - Haider Alm (1500-2700 m) - The two ski resorts, close to the Austrian and Swiss borders, offer approx. 50 km of a large variety of excellently prepared slopes for unforgettable descents. No queuing at the lift systems: two circular-running cable cars, three chair-lifts (including one three-seater and one four seater with protection shields) and eight ski-lifts in just a few minutes transport you up to the magnificent sunny heights with snow guaranteed right up to April. There are slopes open which are suitable for families, pistes with humps for "bombersö and exhilarating deep-snow descents. In the Sch÷neben area, close to the Resia pass, the more demanding pistes for the experts are those in the small Rojen valley. On the Malga Haideralm (above Lake San Valentino) there is the longest and most difficult piste in the area. Lovers of cross country skiing may find their paradise in the Alta Venosta area; there are any number of tracks along the banks of lakes and through the most enchanting forests. At Vallelunga, the Melag cross country ski track, 8 km long, climbs up as far as the summer mountain pastures to reach the most fabulous natural environment. But in Alta Venosta there are also well traced paths for excursions, skating rinks, two illuminated snow sled tracks and horse and dog drawn sleighs: enjoyment is guaranteed!
- Maseben - Langtaufers (1500-2700 m) - Vallelunga to the east of Lake Resia, is ideal for families. There is a chair lift which, in 7 minutes, brings you up to the Maseben plateau. The magnificent view over the Venoste Alps glaciers and the Palla Bianca mountain (3739 m) provides a marvellous landscape. From Maseben, a double ski-lift can then take you up into the small Falbanair valley; three ski slopes then depart from the point of your arrival, 40 m wide and of different difficulties, for a total of 15 km. Vallelunga attracts all the cross country skiers of the Alta Venosta area, with its 20 km of excellently prepared slopes which wind down through the woods and mountain pastures, and which are used for the provincial championships of biathlon and for international dog-drawn sled races.
- Watles (1300-2557 m) - The sun-drenched area above
Burgusio, opposite Malles, is a true paradise for families. The wide slopes offer a number of variations for both beginners and experts and a splendid
panorama over the Venoste Alps and the Ortles glaciers (3905 m). For
snowboard enthusiasts, there is the descent on the south slope, equipped with
"half-pipe". A 5 km (3 miles) long snow sled track descends in wide curves from the arrival point of the chair-lift (rifugio-refuge) down into the valley.
Cross country skiers have at their disposal the Slingia valley track which is 13 km long. For the aprŔs ski, there is the welcoming igl¨ at the departure station.
- Latsch - Tarscher Alm (1900-2250 m) - The small skiing area of the media Venosta (above Laces) is recommended for families and offers 12 km (7 miles) of both easy and average difficulty pistes on which you are practically on your own, far from the over-crowded resorts; the magnificent panorama over the valley may be enjoyed in complete tranquillity. The young and still-feeling-young may end a wonderful day gathering together for the aprŔs-ski in cheerful company in the two moderately priced mountain refuges or in the ingl¨ at the lower station of the chair-lift.
- Ortlergebiet (1500-3250 m) - In the Ortles group, where snow is guaranteed from November to May, the two main resorts are Solda and Trafoi. Solda, one of the highest altitude towns of the South Tyrol (1840 m), has 35 km of slopes of every grade of difficulty, also suitable for snowboard users. At Trafoi, there are 15 km of all types of slope and a 4 km long snow sled track. There are also cross country ski circuits - at Solda (7/12 km)
and at Trafoi towards Tre Fontane (6 km).
At South Tyrol, there is tourist accommodation available in hotels, farm holiday, farmhouse, residence self-catering accommodation, mountain chalets, b&b, rooms for rent, holiday homes, camp sites and tourist villages.
Residences - Flats - Holiday Houses Dobbiaco
Residences - Flats - Holiday Houses Merano
Santa Valburga - Ultimo
Hotels Santa Valburga - Ultimo
Farm Holidays Santa Valburga - Ultimo
Residences - Flats - Holiday Houses Santa Valburga - Ultimo