Hotels Isarco Valley
- Restaurants - Typical Products -
- Ratschings (1300-2100 m) - The large and varied area of Racines is located just 12 km from the little town of Vipiteno and extends as far as the Giovo Pass. Eight lift systems bring you to the start of easy and average difficulty slopes, for a total of 30 km, and right up to the mountain pass (the road is also open in the winter) from which it is possible to enjoy a marvellous view into the Val Passiria which lies below. For cross country skiers, there are as many as 50 km of traced pistes. In the nearby Ridanna valley, there is an interesting cross country ski circuit track used for competitions and training for the biathlon. The area also has various tracks for snow sleds; on the "Blosegg" you can descend a difference in height of 160 m at a thrilling speed. Guided excursions are also available.
- Ro▀kopf (960-2189 m) - From the little town of Vipiteno, it is possible to be transported up in a short time with the modern circular-running cable car to the sunny Monte Cavallo, a skiing paradise for families. Well kept pistes of every level of difficulty, covered with snow, if necessary, artificial, guarantee certain enjoyment for every skier, from the beginner to the champion. There are also tracks for cross country skiing, as well as for snow sleds. Access is very easy: at 2 km from the Vipiteno exit off the Autostrada del Brennero A22 motorway.
- Ladurns (1100-2030 m) - Ladurns is located in the uncontaminated little valley of Fleres, not far from Colle Isarco (Brennero). The modern, weather protected 4-seater chair-lift transports you up in record time (6 minutes) to the beautiful and panoramic landscape of the splendid snowy heights. Another 4-seater chair-lift and two ski-lifts bring you to the start of
15 km of well prepared slopes suitable for the whole family, from beginners to those who are more demanding. Typical Alpine huts offer various types of entertainment in the evening. In the environs there are also a cross country ski track (22 km) and a track for snow sleds.
- Gitschberg/Jochtal (1350-2512 m) - This new skiers' paradise, situated above the Rio di Pusteria in the environs of Bressanone is in an ideal area, one of the sunniest in the whole of the Alps, and can guarantee safe snow thanks to its high altitude (up to 2500 m); 16 modern ski-lift systems transport traditional downhill skiers, carvers and boarders right up to the summit! Beginners and "bombers" have the choice of 44 km of pistes, which are both easy as well as steep and demanding, all perfectly maintained. Cross country skiers have at their disposal about 40 km of well traced tracks; for off-piste alpinism on skis, there are prestigious routes through a splendid and panoramic landscape. Two ski and snowboard schools complete the selection on offer for the winter sports enthusiasts.
- Plose (1050-2500 m) - This is Bressanone's "home mountain", with fantastic views over the surrounding area and the nearby Dolomites; it has a cable-way from Sant'Andrea and various other ski-lift systems at its summit. The Plose boasts the longest descent of the South Tyrol on the "Trametsch" piste, which is 9 km long with a difference in height of 1340 m, while the easier "Sch÷nboden" is ideal for the wide curves of the snowboard. In all, the area includes about 42 km of slopes of every level of difficulty, as well as tracks for snow sleds, cross country ski circuit tracks and well beaten pathways for walks.
At South Tyrol, there is tourist accommodation available in hotels, farm holiday, farmhouse, residence self-catering accommodation, mountain chalets, b&b, rooms for rent, holiday homes, camp sites and tourist villages.
Residences - Flats - Holiday Houses Dobbiaco
Residences - Flats - Holiday Houses Merano
Santa Valburga - Ultimo
Hotels Santa Valburga - Ultimo
Farm Holidays Santa Valburga - Ultimo
Residences - Flats - Holiday Houses Santa Valburga - Ultimo