CittÓ della Pieve Italy Hotels CittÓ della Pieve Accommodation Hotel in CittÓ della Pieve B&B CittÓ della Pieve Lodging CittÓ della Pieve Residences CittÓ della Pieve Farm Holiday CittÓ della Pieve Special Offers CittÓ della Pieve Hospitality CittÓ della Pieve
Thanks to the numerous artistic treasures, the medieval make up of the town itself, and notably the cultural enrichment bestowed upon it during the renaissance and in the 17th century, CittÓ della Pieve warrants a careful and detailed visit. SIGHTS TO SEE: Della Corgna Palace, built around 1555 under the direction of Galeazzo Alessi. Outside, the building has a rigid and prismatic shape. Inside, however, it is built round a countryard, with two orders of loggias facing on to it. The vaults of the rooms and the monumental staircases are adorned with "grotesque" decorations typical of the Tusco-Roman mannerist School. Among them are: the "Concert" in the Government Room, painted in 1563 by Niccol˛ Circignani, knows as "Il Pomarancio", the "Banquet of the Gods" and the "Loves of the Gods" painted by Salvio Savini and displayed in the Great Hall of the Mezzanine. The Rocca, built in 1326 by city of Perugia. The work was entrusted to the Siennese architects Ambrogio and Lorenzo Maitani. The Public Tower was built in the middle of the 12th century, and it is one of the most important examples of the "romanico lombardo" in Umbria. The ancient parish church of Saints Gervasio and Protasio (7th century) retains two paintings by Perugino, "The Baptism of Jesus" from ca. 1510 and a "Madonna in Gloria between Saints Gervasio and Protasio" from 1514. The Oratory of Santa Maria dei Bianchi retains one of Perugino's most significant works, the "Adoration of the Magi" (1504). The Church of Sant'Agostino. The Church of Santa Maria dei Servi. The Church of San Francesco and Oratory of San Bartolomeo. The Church of San Pietro".