- Restaurants - Typical Products - Services -
Todi (Latin name, Tuder, and Umbro-Etruscan name, Tutere) has, by heraldic right, the title of city. It is said that it was built originally on two hills corresponding to the places now occupied by the Tempie of St. Fortune and the Cathedral which were originally separated by a deep valley. The cast-west openings were closed in by the Romans with massive travertine walls (this would explain the presence of the "niches" of the Old Market).
In the recovered space, there are six enormous cisterns for the entire city's water supply. Todi developed in three successive periods, pre-Roman, Roman and medieval, each of which built a circular wall. The first wall which still exists in some points of the city was built with huge travertine blocks, placed on top of one another in a very ordered fashion without any cementing mortar. The last wall, dated 1244 in the chronicles, is mostly intact, and runs about four kilometers and has towers and three gates (Roman, Amerina and Perugina).
These also mark the three medieval districts of the city. The city encircled by the third wall covers a surface area of 23 ha. Since the mid-1200s, it has been divided into six districts: Nidola, Colle, Valle, St. Praxede, St. Silvester and St. Mary in Cammuccia. The entire communal territory is divided into 37 localities. Todi is 45 km from Perugia and 137 km from Rome.
The comprensorio area of Todi is all here: a strip of land included within the region of Umbria and which, still today, preserves in its entirety the taste for fine things, for antique things which surround us and which are an integral part of our culture.
Todi accommodation in Hotel Farm House Farm Holiday Bed&Breakfast Camping Holiday Home Rooms for rent Residence Tourist Village Camp site.
Todi holiday in Hotel
Hotels Tuderte region